Environmental Advisory Council
- Katherine Vaccaro, Chairman
- John Weilnau, Vice-Chairman
- Brittany Grala, Secretary
- Sal Sonsino
- Christopher Kaasmann
- Stacey Henderson
- Zachary Davis
- Greg Waks, Board Liaison
- Janet Serfass, Staff Liaison
- 6:45 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday monthly
- Henderson Room (Township Building - Upper Level)
The Upper Merion Township Environmental Advisory Council is dedicated to exploring and promoting ways to create a more environmentally protective and sustainable community, while providing support and advice to the Township's Board of Supervisors, Commissions, and other personnel.
Our goals include:
- Developing policy recommendations, including those related to encouraging sustainable practices and improving Township recycling programs;
- Promoting natural resource conservation within the Township and the broader community;
- Increasing education and awareness through community activities, social media and TV specials;
- Working with the community, regional, and local environmental organizations to promote environmental education and outreach; and
- Evaluating available grant funding opportunities to facilitate implementation of environmentally-beneficial projects in the Township.